Saturday, June 26, 2010

Summer Sentiments...

Summer has officially begun. Dad and I kicked off our summer with a terrific trip to Texas! We spent precious moments with family and well, ate our way through the trip!! :) Always good food had in Texas! Dad's favorite meal was at Babe's, where we enjoyed endless fried chicken. Most importantly, we were able to spend great time with Honey! Honey was in good spirits! I love my grandmother so much...it was wonderful to share conversation with her and be by her side...I love you, Honey!! I would like to extend a thank you to all of my family in Texas for their hospitality and gracious nature in providing for such a memorable and blessed visit for my dad and myself. MUCH appreciated...and needed!

Being in Texas, I am surrounded by all that reminds me of my mother...it was her favorite, it was her love, it was her home. Lately, I am simply missing so many of the little things that I shared with my mom....things like always having a listening ear, a Starbuck's buddy, our daily talks after the school day, shopping together at Nordy's and having a distinctly, reliable, second opinion in the dressing room :) Sunday brunch at Polly's and splurging on massages...and of course, her abundantly, nurturing hugs! I am thankful for my mom's loving spirit and the many ways she taught me to love, give, and experience all that is around me. Again, I would like to extend gratitude to my mother for putting love first...giving and receiving...

I know that I will always miss my mom, this is all still new...as I journey through this summer, I would like to prayerfully venture on the road of beginning to heal in meaningful ways. I am committing to staying patient with myself but I feel joy in embracing God's healing power.

My dad and I are headed to Kuai in the morning! So, I will update you all on our adventures upon our return! Aloha! :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Jill! Being in California reminded me of so many good times with your Mom. Treasure all those memories...what an amazing lady! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete